AWARDS PRESENTATION CEREMONY
- 1.The Awards Presentation Ceremony will be held in the competition hall following the finals.
- 2.It is imperative that all finalists be present at this ceremony.
- 1.The judges will give three awards: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes, and Honorable Mention titles will be given to the rest of the finalists.
- 2.In the event of a tie, each winner will receive the prize and the full cash award.
- 3.If the judges should determine that no finalist is deserving of a particular prize, then that place shall remain vacant.
The prizes and cash awards are as follows:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, Medal and Cash Award of ¥2,000,000 (net)
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, Medal and Cash Award of ¥1,000,000 (net)
- 3rd Prize: Certificate, Medal and Cash Award of ¥500,000 (net)
Special Award/ Hideo Saito Award
This award will be presented to one of the finalists selected by the Panel of Judges. Possibly no one could be selected to this special award.
Hideo Saito (1902-1974) was a great conductor, cellist and educator who raised so many internationally well known musicians such as Seiji Ozawa. He served as the first chairperson for the Panel of Judges in Min-On’s Tokyo International Music Competition for Conducting and had been contributing so much for developing this competition from the beginning. This special award was established to praise his achievement and for encouraging the development of capable successors. It is funded by the donation of Hideo Saito’s family and the cash award is ¥500,000 (net).
- ・Conferred to finalists receiving the Honorable Mention titles (excludes those winning the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Prize.)
- ・If there is more than one receiving the Honorable Mention title, each Honorable Mention finalist will receive the full cash award.
- ・Cash Award: ¥150,000 (net)
Date : Monday, October 15, 2018
Time : 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (tentative)
Place: To be announced
1.In order to introduce the winners of this competition to the largest possible audience, Gala Concerts are to be held in the following dates with the designated orchestrasSaturday, May 18, 2019 Nagoya Philharmonic Orchestra
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra
- 2.It is mandatory that winners perform at these Gala Concerts.
- 3.Min-On will cover travel and hotel accommodation expenses, and the winners will be paid per diem (including fees for meals) and performance fee３．