TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION EXPENSES
Overseas contestants (including Japanese living abroad) who will be participating in the first preliminary round will be provided with the following subsidies by Min-On.
a.Subsidy for International Airfare
Overseas contestants will be paid the following subsidy at the time of registration for the first preliminary round.
- ・50,000 Japanese yen per contestant coming from Asia.
- ・100,000 Japanese yen per contestant coming from outside Asia.
b.Accommodations The hotel accommodations (including breakfast) will be provided during the following period of the competition. However, Min-On will not pay for accommodations at any hotel other than the one designated by the Competition Office.・For all participating contestants: From October 8, 2018 at 3p.m. to October 15, 2018 at 11a.m.
- 1.If necessary, contestants are responsible for obtaining their own visas to enter Japan.
- 2.If necessary, Competition Office will issue an invitation letter upon request.
RIGHTS CONCERNING THE COMPETITION
- 1.Contestants must obtain prior permission from the Competition Office for any filming, photography, interviews, etc. with a third party. It is mandatory that contestants attend and cooperate with any filming, photograph, and/or interviews that are approved by the Competition Office.
2.The following rights for the duration of the competition shall be the exclusive property of Min-On. The contestants may not raise an objection to this, nor make financial claims (throughout the competition including press interviews and performances at Gala Concerts); and
- a.must agree to recording, video taping, or photography;
- b.must agree to radio or television broadcasting of such materials;
- c.must agree to the reproduction and/or sales of such materials.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
1.Neither the Organizing Committee nor Min-On is able to accept any responsibility for the following accidents occurring during the competition.
- a.Any loss or damage to the contestant’s baggage, and/or personal effects.
- b.Any real or implied physical, material, or mental damage caused to or by the contestants.
- 2.For the above reasons, it is highly recommended that contestants provide their own insurance with adequate coverage.
OBJECTIONS TO THE MANAGEMENT, SCREENING AND JUDGING PROCEDURES
- 1.Decisions by the Organizing Committee as to the management of this competition and the screening of documents and footage materials, and decisions by the Panel of Judges will be final.
- 2.No objections from the contestants shall be entertained.
ADDITIONS, DELETIONS OR ALTERATIONS TO THESE REGULATIONS
- 1.The Organizing Committee reserves the right to make additions, deletions, and/or alterations to these regulations without prior notice even after its announcement for the purpose of smooth administration of the competition.
- 2.Should any problems arise with regard to matters not addressed in these regulations, contestants will be obligated to comply with the decisions made by the Organizing Committee.
Any legal suits regarding this competition shall be decided in a Japanese court under Japanese law.
ORIGINAL TEXT OF THE REGULATIONS
- 1.These regulations have been issued in Japanese, English and French
- 2.In case of any discrepancies, the Japanese version shall be held as the original text and disputes will be settled accordingly.
(As of June 2017)